B.Arch is a well-known undergraduate bachelor’s degree program. It is the art of planning, designing, and constructing buildings and other physical structures. You can become an Architect after completing B. Arch.
Duration of this course is 5 year.The complete program is devided into theortical classes and practical training.
- Student must pass 12th with at least 50%.
- Candidate must have subject Physics, Chemistry and Maths in his/her 12th.
- He/ She must clear entrance exam like JEE Main , NATA .
To get admission in this course, student has to visit the official website of the institute where he wants to get admission. And there he has to register for admission by submitting the documents and paying registration fee. After all this he has to apply for Entrance exams like JEE Main. If he clears this exam, he will be shortlisted. And college will call him for counseling process. There he will get admission on the basis of his ability and seat availability. This process is same in most of the colleges.
NATA : This is ‘ National Aptitude Test in Architecture’. It is conducted by National Institute of Advanced Studies in Architecture. This is a national level examination for admission to undergraduate courses in architecture. It consists of two parts: Part A and Part B. Part A consists of Drawing Test, and Part B consists of PCM and General Aptitude Questions.
JEE Main : This is also a national exam. This exam is mainly for engineering course admission. But it also provides admission to B.arch and B. Planning. The examination is conducted by NTA (National Test Agency).
AMUEEE : This exam is conducted by Aligarh Muslim University for engineering and the B.Arch course.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- IIT ,Indian Institute of Technology, Khargpur
- NIT, National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- Sir JJ College
- Jamia millia islamia
- School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi
- Birla Institute of Technology
- Manipal School of Architecture, Manipal
- Amity University, Noida
- SPA , School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal
- SPA , School of Planning and Architecture, Chandigarh
Subjects Of B.Arch
- Architectural Design,
- Visual Arts and Basic Design,
- Computer Applications,
- Building and Construction,
- Design Methodology,
- History of Architecture,
- Working Drawings,
- Theory of Structures, etc.
Advanced Courses after B.Arch
- Master of Architecture (M.Arch.)
- Master of Design (M.Des.)
- Master of Planning
- Master of Building Engineering.
After completing B.Arch , candidate can apply for Government jobs in departments such as Housing and Urban Development Corporations, National Building Organization, public works departments etc. He can work as urban designer, Project Manager, Project Supervisor, Design Architect and many more . He can also apply in private firms like Larsen & Toubro, Eureka Moment Design Company Private Limited.
Average salary for an Architect in India is around INR 3 to 4 lakhs per annum.