B.Com honors is three year degree program. This is business-oriented program. It covers all the business related subjects like Accounting, Economics, Finance, Taxation etc.
Any student who have completed their 12th with 50% can apply for this course. Admission is done on the basis of marks obtained in 12th. Some college take Entrance exam to give admission in B.Com Honors.
Difference between B.Com General and B.Com Honors is that students get specialization in certain subject if they go with B.com Honors.
As it offers more opportunities and good package than B.Com General, It is more pursued.
Eligibility for B.Com Honors
- Student must pass 12th class from recognized board or equivalent.
- He/ She must score at least 50% marks in 12th class.
- To get admission in some colleges they must have to clear Entrance exam. These exams will be organized by these colleges.
Some colleges take Entrance Exams to offer admission. Some of the entrance exams are as follows:
- BHU UET B.Com.
- Christ University B.Com Exam.
- IPU CET B.Com Hons. Exam
- AMU Entrance Exam,
- Sri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi
- St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- Hansraj College, New Delhi
- Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
- St. Joseph’s College of Commerce, Bangalore
- Lady Shri Ram College of Women, Delhi
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- Kalinga Institute Of Industrial Technology – Bhubaneshwar
Fees for this course is INR 10,000 to 4,00,000. It varies from college to college.
Courses after B.Com Honors
- Actuarial Science
After completing B.Com(H), one can apply for government jobs. Further one can apply for banking jobs. He/ She can also apply for qualifying exams such as UPSC, IBPS, etc. On the other hand one can also apply for job in private companies like Wipro and Accenture
- Flip Kart
- Company Secretary.
- Business Analyst.
- Financial Risk Manager
Salary could range from INR 2 lakhs to 10 lakhs. It could be higher depending upon candidate experience and ability.