B.Pharma is also known as Bachelor in Pharmacy. This is undergraduate professional course. Duration of this course is 4 year. In this course, student learn about testing and researching the medicine. So that a particular decease can be diagnosed and prevented. Pharmacists are an important part of healthcare industry. They are working not only in the field of research of medicine but also in the field of its development, manufacturing and supply. To apply for this course, student must clear 12th with Science Stream with at least 50% marks.
Eligibility for B.Pharma
- Student must pass 12th.
- He/She must score atleast 50% in 12th.
- Student who clear 12th only with PCM/ PCB/ PCMB can apply for this course.
- In other words any science student who pass 12th with atleast 50% can apply for this course.
- Student can get admission to this course after clearing Entrance exam.
- Some Goverment or state colleges conduct their own exams.
- Even some colleges give direct admission on the basis of merrit list.
Entrance Exams for B.Pharma
Some top entrance Exams are as follows
- MHT CET (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test)
- DIPSAR (Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical & Research)
- UPSEE (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination)
- BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test)
- WBJEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam)
Course fee could be INR 40,000 to 1 lakh per annum. It can vary from college to college.
Some other courses are also available in Pharmacy field, which are-
- D.Pharma (Diploma in Pharmacy):This course prepare the students to work under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist in hospitals and other related pharmaceutical fields. To get admission in this course, student must pass 12th with science stream. And admission to this course also done on the basis of Entrance Test. Duration of this course is 2 year.
- M.Pharma (Master in Pharmacy): To get admission in M.Pharma, student must pass Bachelor in Pharmacy with at least 50%. The duration of this course is 2 year. The aim of this course is to sharpen the knowledge of the students in Pharmacy.
After passing this course, candidate can get job in private sector as well as in Govt. sector. He can start his own business as pharmacist. To start his own business as a pharmacist, a person needs Licence. And he/she can apply for Licence after successfully completing his B.Pharma program. Some job roles for which one can apply are as follows:
- Drug Inspector
- Research Officer
- Health Inspector
- Hospital Drug Coordinator
- Research and Development
- Administrative posts
- Quality Control Officer
- Marketing field
Average salary will be 2 laks to 5 laks per annum in India. And it could be diferent in the case of different experience and different skills.
- Bombay College of Pharmacy, Mumbai
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- Manipal college of Pharmaceutical Science, Manipal
- JSS colege of Pharmacy, Ooty
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi
- Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi
- Delhi Institute of Pharnaceutical Sciences and Research [DIPSAR], New Delhi
- AL- AMEEN College of Pharmacy, Banglore
- Poona college of Pharmacy, Pune