Top 10 Engineering Entrance Exam in India
Engineering is the most pursued course after completing 12th. There are many candidates who appear for the various entrance examinations every year. The competition is increasing and the exams are getting tougher every year. There are more than 50 entrance examinations held in India for acquiring admissions in the field of Engineering.
Many Top engineering private and government colleges give admission on the basis of these exams. The engineering entrance exams are conducted at the National level, State level, and Institutional level. Here we will discuss the top 10 entrance examinations, their important dates, and eligibility.
JEE Main is a national level entrance examination that will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Previously, the exam was conducted by CBSE once a year. But from 2019, the exam is being conducted twice a year – January and April. In another change, the exam is now conducted online. JEE Main is the admission procedure into the well-known IIITs, NITs, and other more prestigious engineering institutes of the nation. More than 10 lakh applicants appear for this examination hoping to clear and reach JEE Advanced for admissions. The duration of the exam is 3 hours long and is multiple choice in nature. The examination is divided into two papers – Paper 1 is for B.Tech/B.E and Paper 2 is for B.Arch or B.Planning.
JEE Main 2020 exam dates revised; to be held from September 1 to 6
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020
|3||Number of attempts in JEE Main||
|4||Subject/subjects combination for admission into NITs, IIITs and GFTIs||
To get admission in NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs the candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination or should be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST aspirants, the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
JEE Advanced is the second stage of the JEE system. It is conducted once a year by the seven zonal IITs with guidance from the Joint Admission Board. Only the top 2.4 lakh rank holders of JEE Main are eligible to appear for the exam. The admission to the prestigious 24 IITs in the country depends on this exam scores. Maximum two attempts in consecutive years are permitted to a candidate.
JEE Main is conducted for providing admission into BE or B. Tech courses in various NITs & other Institutions all over the country. JEE Advanced is the criteria to get admission in the well-known Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
Latest Date: JEE Advanced 2020 will now be held on September 27.
Eligibility for JEE Advance:
- Candidates born on or after October 1, 1995, are eligible for JEE Advanced 2020. However, there is a relaxation of 5 years for SC, ST, and PwD candidates (born on or after October 1, 1990).
- The candidates should have appeared for 12th standard (or equivalent) qualifying examination in 2019 or 2020, for the first time.
- Candidates who have been admitted in an IIT will not be eligible for JEE Advanced 2020.
- JEE Advanced can be attempted a maximum of two times in two consecutive years by the candidates.
- It is essential for the candidates to have qualified JEE Main 2020 (Paper 1) and be among the top 2,50,000 (including all categories) candidates.
BITSAT stands for Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test. The Birla Institute of Technology and Science conducts its University level engineering entrance examination every year for new admissions. It offers admission to all eligible applicants into the three campuses of BITS i.e Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad. Around 2 lakh applicants appear for this examination every year to compete for 2000 seats. The duration of the online examination is 3 hours and it is an online exam. The questions paper is objective-based and is divided into four sections – Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning, and Mathematics.
Important Dates: BITSAT-2020 dates have been postponed.
Eligibility for BITSAT:
- Only Students who are appearing for 12th class examination in 2020 or who have passed 12th class Examination in 2019 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2020 test.
- Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and adequate proficiency in English. The student having subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) can apply for B. Pharm.
- The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) subjects in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology subjects.
- Admissions will be made purely on merit. The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT-2020. However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in 12th examination.
MET stands for Manipal Entrance Test. Manipal University conducts the annual, online entrance examination for admission into the institute. Manipal Entrance Test is a University level examination. About 50,000 students appear for the exam every year. Admissions are provided in 16 engineering courses. The duration of the exam is 2 and a half hours(150 minutes). The paper is objective multiple choice and students need to clear the exam with a good score to get admission in Manipal Academy.
Important Dates for test: July 24th-27th, August 4th- 7th
Candidates must be of Indian nationality.
Candidates must have passed class 12 or equivalent exam from a recognized Board or University.
Candidates must have studied Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects in class 12.
Candidates must have taken any one among Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology or any technical vocational as optional subjects.
Candidates must have secured 50% marks in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects in class 12 or A level or IB or American 12th grade or equivalent.
VITEEE stands for VIT Engineering Entrance Exam. The VIT University conducts the University level examination and around 2 lakh students appear for it every year. The mode of examination is online and will be objective in nature. Within the duration of 2½ hours, the applicants will have to solve 125 questions from Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Aptitude, and English sections.
The last date to fill VITEEE Application Form 2020 is extended.
- Candidate should have been born on or after July 1, 1998.
- Foreign students can also apply through the application form for foreign nationals.
- Candidate should have qualified 10+2 standard through CBSE, ICSE or any state board or having any equivalent qualification.
- General category candidates should have secured 60% and above in Maths/Biology, Chemistry and Physics in 10+2 or equivalent examination. For SC/ST candidates, the score to be secured is 50%.
- The candidates should have completed their qualifying examination or should be appearing for it in 2020.
VITEEE 2020 has been canceled due to COVID-19. Admissions will now be done on the basis of 10+2 scores and JEE Main qualified candidates will be given more weightage.
For More Information Click on the link
SRMJEE is SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination . This exam is conducted by the SRM Institute of Science and Technology. It offers admission to SRM University Kattankulathur, SRM University Ramapuram, SRM University Ramapuram Par-Vadapalani, and SRM University Ghaziabad. This is an online or computer-based exam for the 7000 engineering seats. About 1 lakh students appear for this exam. There are 125 questions that the students need to solve to qualify for admission.
Important: Due to challenges posed by COV1D 19, and keeping the safety of students, SRMJEEE B.Tech 2020 stands cancelled. Now, the B.Tech Admission will be based on +2 / Pre-University / Equivalent marks in PCM / PCB. You can update Online Application now with +2 Marks (mandatory], course preferences (maximum 30 choices) and JEE Main and SAT Score [Optional]
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam to be eligible for SRMJEEE 2020 with minimum 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from any state board within India, CBSE, ICSE, or NIOS. However, candidates who are appearing in 10+2 in the academic year can also apply for SRMJEEE. It is to note that candidates who have completed both their 10 and 10+2 from NIOS will not be eligible for SRMJEEE.
- Candidates eligible for SRMJEEE 2020 must be born between July 1, 1999 to July 1, 2004.
- To be considered eligible for SRMJEEE 2020, candidates can be Resident Indians, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) and PIO or OCI card holders as issued by the GOI.
- Direct admission and scholarships will be given to first rankers of all Central and State boards in India, also to top 1000 rankers of IIT JEE, top rankers in each district of Tamil Nadu and exemplary sportsperson at National and International level.
To know more click on the Link.
This is the exam conducted for the admission in private engineering colleges in the state of Karnataka. COMEDK UGET is conducted by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering, and Dental Colleges of Karnataka. There are about 697 exam centers in 153 cities in India. The students compete for 20,000 B.Tech seats in 181 engineering colleges affiliated to COMEDK UGET. The exam is of 3 hours and is based on the HSC syllabus. There are a total of 180 multiple-choice questions.
Important Dates: New date for the exam is 1 August 2020.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India
- The qualifying examination for admission is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government.
- Candidate must have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in 10+2 and a minimum of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. And the minimum of 40% is required for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State.
- Diploma holders are not eligible for COMEDK.
For admission to architecture programs, the colleges will accept NATA Scores. And for admission into medical and dental programs, NEET scores will be accepted by various institutes.No Entrance Test is required for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch Course, medical and dental programs. It is required for the candidates seeking admission in B.E programs.
To know more go to the Link.
The Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology conducts the KIITEE. The examination is held once a year for seeking admissions into the Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology. The exam is conducted online and has 3 sections of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. There are around 60 centers available for appearing for the examination.
Last date to apply online for KIITEE-2020 is extended till 15th July 2020
- For B.Tech, Candidates must have scored a minimum aggregate mark of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates who have passed 10+2 examination in 2018,2019 or appearing in 10+2 examination in 2020 are only eligible. Candidate should have born on or after 01.07.1999.
- For B.Sc. Nursing , Candidate must have completed their 10+2 or equivalent examination in Physics, Chemistry & Biology and English (PCBE) with a minimum of 45 percent marks. Candidate must be 17 years of age as on 31-12-2019 The maximum age limit is 35 years.
- For B.A.LL.B/BBA LL.B/B.Sc LL.B, Candidate must be 10+2 pass or equivalent in any stream with at least 45% marks. Age should be less than 22 years as on 01.07.2020.
- For BBA(3 Years) Candidate must pass in 10+2 in any stream with at least 50% marks and having Mathematics/Business/Economics/Statistics as one of the subjects in 10+2 level and should have born on or after 01.07.1999.
- For BCA(3 Years) Candidate must pass in 10+2 in any stream with at least 50% marks and having Mathematics as one of the subjects in 10+2 level and should have born on or after 01.07.1999.
- For B.Com , Candidate must pass in 10+2 in any stream with at least 50% marks and having Mathematics / Business Mathematics & Statistics as one of the subjects in 10+2 level and should have born on or after 01.07.1999.
- For M.Tech. (2 years): B.E. or B.Tech. or equivalent Degree (e.g. AMIE, GRADE-IETE etc) in respective branches of Engineering and Technology with a First Class or equivalent CGPA or First Class MCA/First Class M.Sc. in (Comp/IT/ETC).GATE qualified candidates shall be accorded preference in the process of selection. GATE qualified candidates having Score 400 or above need not sit in the Entrance Examination.
For more information visit the link.
Symbiosis Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination is conducted annually by the Symbiosis Institute of Technology. The student needs to qualify for this exam to get admission in the institute. There are 420 seats available for B.Tech. The duration of the exam is 150 minutes with a total of 100 questions of 200 marks.
Important Dates: 19th July, 10.00 am to 11.30 noon
- Candidate should be Indians or Non-Resident Indians/Foreign Nationals/ Person of Indian Origin.
- Candidate should have qualified 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board. Mathematics and Physics should have been passed as compulsory subjects along with one optional subject out of Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Technical Vocational Subject
- General category candidates should have scored 45% aggregate marks in the 10+2 qualifying examination. There is a relaxation of 5% marks for reserved categories (40%).
To know more Click on the link.
Aligarh Muslim University Engineering Entrance Examination is a University level entrance exam conducted by the Aligarh Muslim University. The admission is based on the merits and ranks obtained in the entrance exam. It is conducted once a year and comprises 150 questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The exam duration is 3 hours and all questions are objective-based.
Exams will be conducted on July/August 2020.
Candidates should have obtained a passing certificate of 10+2 examination.
Candidates should have scored at least 50% marks in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry, English, and Mathematics.
Candidates who have done a diploma in engineering from Aligarh Muslim University will also be eligible.
- The age of a candidate should not be more than 24 as on July 1, 2020.