If you are a fan of CID and love to solve and investigate crime then you can go for Forensic Science. The students who have completed their 12th with science stream (PCM/PCB/PCMB) with at least 70% can opt for B.Sc Forensic Science.
Forensic Science is a three-year undergraduate program that offers a study of scientific application and knowledge that helps the person to investigate the crime. In it, the student learns how to analyze the different objects found at the crime scene because they can be important evidence. It is a multidisciplinary stream that includes the study of various subjects like Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Maths, Psychology, and social science, etc.
- Student must pass 10+2 with Science Stream.
- A student who passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Maths or Physics, Chemistry, Biology can apply for B.Sc. Forensic Science.
- Student must achieve 50% in 12th Exams.
Some colleges give admission on Merit-bases in 12th class (For B.Sc.).
Some colleges take their Entrance Test to offer admission to the Forensic Science Course.
Different Universities conducted their own Entrance exams to give admission in Forensic Science courses. But some universities give admission on merit-base in the qualifying exams.
Different courses available in Forensic Science, Such as:
B.Sc. in Forensic Science
M.sc. in Forensic Science
P.G. Diploma in Forensic Science
P.H.D in Forensic Science
M.Phil in Forensic Science
Average fees for this Bachelor course ranges from INR 30,000 to INR 2,00000 (Depends upon Institute).
- Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science, Delhi
- Institute of Forensic Science, Mumbai
- Dr. Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar
- IFS Education Department, Pune
- OU – Osmania University, Hyderabad
- Gujarat Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar
- BU – Bundelkhand University, Jhansi
- Amity University, Noida
- Sharda University, Noida
- Forensic Scientist
- Forensic Consultant
- Drug Analyst
- Crime Laboratory Analyst
- Forensic Expert
- Forensic Engineer
- Police Officer
- Private Investigator
- Crime Reporter
- Legal Counselor
- Crime Scene Investigator
- Intelligence Bureau (IB)
- Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)
- Central Govt. Forensic Sciences Labs
- Law Firms
- Police Department
- Quality Control Bureau
- Private Detective Agencies
After completing this course candidate can get a job both in the public and private sectors. As most of the jobs are available in the public sector that’s why salary depends upon the structure and pay scale. If a candidate applies in the private sector then he can earn a handsome salary. In starting, the candidate can earn 3-5 lakhs per annum. It may be 5-8 lakhs after gaining a few years of experience.