Game Designing and Development
Do you want to make your career in game designing and development? Here we are talking about the games played on mobile, computers, or on a game console. if you are good at graphic design, then you can go for game designing. On the other hand, if you are good at programming or coding, then you can go for game development.
To start, first of all, you should know what is game development? Game development is the art of creating a game. It involves idea formation, designing, coding, building, and testing. While creating the game, one should focus on game mechanics, rewards, player engagement, and level design. A game developer could be a programmer, a sound designer, an artist, a level designer. There are many other roles also available in this industry.
A game developer can get a job in a large game developing studio or he can work alone as an indie developer. Due to new technology, it becomes very easy to develop a game. Even a student who is not of a computer background can also learn to develop a game.
Diploma/Courses in Game Designing and Development
There are various courses and diplomas available that train a student to develop a game. These courses help the students to understand about Artificial Intelligence (AI), Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR). These concepts are very important for game development.
Certification Level courses in Game Designing and Development
- Certificate Course in Gaming
- Certificate course in Game Art & Design
Diploma Level courses in Game Designing and Development
- Diploma in Animation, Gaming, and Special Effect.
- DGD(Diploma in Game Design)
- Diploma in Game Development.
- Professional Diploma in Game Art
- Advanced Diploma in Game Development
- Advance Diploma in Game Programming
- Advance Diploma in Game Design and Development Application
Graduate Level courses in Game Designing and Development
- B.Sc in Graphics, Animation & Gaming
- BA in Computer Graphic & Animation
- B. Tech in Computer Science and Game Development
- B.Sc in Animation, Game Design, and Development
Masters Level courses in Game Designing and Development
- M.Sc. in Multimedia & Animation with Game Art & Design
- Master in Gaming
- M.Sc in Game Design and Development
- M.Sc in Multimedia and Animation
Academic Qualification Required
- Certificate Level Courses: Students must pass Class 10th exams from recognized education board.
- Diploma Level Courses: Students must pass class 12th exam with any stream from recognized education board.
- Graduate Level Courses: Candidate must pass 12th exam with any stream from the recognized education board.
- Masters Level Courses: Students must have a Graduate Degree in a similar or relevant fields.
Top Institutes Offering courses in Game Designing and Development
Because of the mobile revolution, game designing and development have become a very popular career option among students. While in some colleges this course is offered as a standalone course. On the other hand, many others offer it in combination with some other specializations such as animation, digital film making, graphic designing, etc. Some colleges also offer it as a specialization with their computer science courses.
The top institutes that offer a course in Game designing and Development in India are –
- IIFA Multimedia College, Banglore
- Bharti Vidyapeeth University, Pune
- Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematic (MAAC), Mumbai
- Arena Animations, New Delhi
- Asian Institute of Design, Banglore
- Ipixio Animation Academy, Banglore
- Academy of Animation and Gaming – Noida
- Zee Institute of Creative Arts, Bangalore
- 2D/3D Game Developer
- Game Programmer
- AI Programmer
- Augmented Reality (AR) Developer
- Android Developer
- Virtual Reality (VR) Developer
- Mobile Game Developer
- iOS Developer
- Game Tester
- Game Designer