Bachelor in Hotel management
Bachelor in Hotel management is also known as BHM. It is three-year undergraduate program. it is professional course. Students who have completed their 12th can apply for this course. But according to some institutes, students have to pass their 12th with at least 50%. And they must have studied English up to their 12th. Eligibility criteria and pass percentages vary from institute to institute. Admissions can be secured in this course on the basis of both entrance exams and merit. You need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to fit into this course.
In this Bachelor program student learns about food and beverage preparation, food and beverage service, front office operations and housekeeping operations.
Student must pass 12th.
Candidates must score 50% in 12th class. (Some institutes has this criteria)
They must studies English upto their 12th.(Required in some institutes)
Students of any stream like Science, Commerce or Arts can apply for this course.
In some Institutes the maximum age criteria to apply for this course is 22.
This is a National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology Joint Entrance Examination. It is a national-level entrance exam conducted to offer admission to Students in hospitality and hotel administration programmes. Earlier National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHM & CT), an autonomous body under the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, conducted this exam. However, from 2019 onwards, National Testing Agency (NTA) took over the charge to conduct NCHM JEE exam.
This is All India Management Association (AIMA) Under Graduate Aptitude Test. It is conducted nationally and internationally to give admission to the qualified students. It is an offline exam of 3 hours duration.
Some State Level Entrance Exams for BHM are:
- UPSEE BHMCT (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology)
- MAH HM CET (Maharashtra Hotel Management Common Entrance Test )
- WB JEHOM (West Bengal Joint Entrance for Hospital Management )
- AIHMCT (Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology)
Some Universities also took Entrance exam for BHM
- Punjab University took PUTHAT
- Indraprastha University took IPU CET
Some Hotel groups also offer Courses in this field. Like Oberoi Group and Taj Group. They also took entrance exam to offer admission to qualified students.
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering and Nutrition, Pusa, New Delhi (IHM Delhi)
- Welcome group Graduate School of Hotel Administration (WGSHA), Manipal
- Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Chennai (IHM Chennai)
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Hyderabad (IHM Hyderabad)
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Mumbai (IHM Mumbai)
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Bhopal (IHM Bhopal)
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Gwalior (IHM Gwalior)
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bangalore (IHM Bangalore)
Fees for Bachelor in Hotel Management
Fees for this Bachelor course will be 1 lakhs to 6 lakhs in India. It could be vary from college to college.
After completing their Bachelors in Hotel Management, candidate can go for higher studies in same field. For Higher studies, candidate can go for MBA in Hotel Management , Masters in Hotel Management, Post Graduation Diploma in Hotel Management or general MBA.
- Bachelor in Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)
- B.A in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- B.B.A in Hotel Management
- Bsc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- BBA in Hospitality, travel & tourism
- Oberoi Group of Hotels
- Jaypee Group of Hotels
- ITC Group of Hotel
- Holiday Inn Group of Hotels
- Tulip Star Group of Hotels
- Taj Group of Hotels
- Welcome Heritage Group of Hotels
- Raheja Group of Hotels
Starting salary could be 1,80,000 to 2,50,000 per annum in India.
After some year of experience candidates can get an handsome package of 10 laks INR or above, annually.