MBBS is an undergraduate course. It is the combination of two-degrees Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. After completing this one can work as a certified doctor. The duration of this course is 51/2 years including one year of rotational internship in hospitals, medical centers, etc. The students, who have cleared the 10+2 examination and they had the Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in 12th may opt for the MBBS degree course. The course includes the study of subjects like physiology, biochemistry, microbiology, anatomy, pharmacology, and pathology.
- To get admission into MBBS in India, students have to complete their 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
- Students must score a minimum of 50% marks. It is 40% in the case of the reserved category.
- Student’s age should be between 17 years to 25 years.
- Students have to give Entrance Exam like NEET , AIIMS and JIPMER to get admission into MBBS.
The duration of the MBBS program is 51/2 years. This includes 41/2 years of theoretical study and 1 year of rotational internship(practical training) in different hospitals, Medical units, clinics, etc.
Top Medical Entrance exam
- AIIMS PG, AIIMS SS
- DNB PDCET
Top Medical Colleges in India
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh
- Armed Forces Medical College
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER), Puducherry
After completing MBBS, one can get a job in reputed hospitals or medical units across the nation and globe. There are a lot of job opportunities for deserving candidates in the private and public sectors. One can acquire a job out of the following categories.
- Junior Doctors
- Junior Surgeons
- Medical Professors or Lecturers
Specification and Subjects
- Forensic Medicine
- Clinical posting
- Community Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
- Dermatology and Venereology
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology ,etc
NIIT 2020 : Revised date 13 September 2020
AIIMS and JIMER has been replaced by NEET 2020.